Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Last Day




"I can look you in the eye and tell you I feel I've tried to solve the problem diplomatically to the max...

- US President George W. Bush, April 24, 2006
A few more all but forgotten Bushisms here. I'm not sure Bushisms will be funny, at all, in a decade's time. They will probably just seem...sad. Reminders of too many wasted years, wasted lives, wasted opportunities in the life of America.

Obama will not be the Messiah that unrepentent Bush-lovers hope that Americans are praying for (so Bush lovers can point and hoot if Obama fails to be anything less than monumental), but put it this way : Obama will have to work miracles to be any fucking worse for America, and the world, than Bush was.

Here's my sign-off from The Last Days Of President George W. Bush blog.